KEEP MLT STRONG is an informal partnership of Mountlake Terrace organizations dedicated to keeping the Mountlake Terrace community strong through the coronavirus pandemic and beyond.
LEND A HAND, GET SOME HELP and find resources to help sustain your family, your neighbors and the Mountlake Terrace community during the coronavirus pandemic.
THE KEEP MLT STRONG COVID-19 RELIEF FUND
DO YOU NEED A HAND?
Need help grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions or other tasks? We will match you up with another community member willing to lend a hand.
CAN YOU LEND A HAND?
Can you help grocery shop, pick up prescriptions or run other errands for a neighbor? We will match you up with another community member in need.
Snohomish County PUD power bill
- SnoPUD has paused disconnects, waived late fees and is offering flexibility in payments. They also have some grants available via project PRIDE. More information here.
- Call PUD Customer Service at 425-783-1000 (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) to get additional help.
City of Mountlake Terrace Water/Sewer/Storm bill
- There will be no water utility service shutoff to customers for failure to pay during the COVID 19 emergency. No late fees or penalties will apply during this time.
- Contact Utility Billing at (425) 744-6214 or email@example.com to make payment arrangements.
PSE natural gas bill
- Will not be disconnecting customers for non-payment during this time.
- PSE will work with our customers on options such as payment plans and choosing a new bill due date.
- PSE has an energy assistance portal to facilitate access to funds available to income qualified customers.
- Won’t disconnect a customer’s internet service or assess late fees if you contact and let them know that they can’t pay their bills during this period. Will offer flexible payment options. More info.
Utility Bill Assistance
- Snohomish County Energy Assistance Program provides a one-time per heating season assistance in paying the heat bill for eligible households between $100 and $1,000. Call 425-388-3880 or visit https://snohomishcountywa.gov/552/Energy-Assistance.
Edmonds School District
- The school district has a dedicated COVID-19 page here.
- Concern for Neighbors Food Bank – Open for distribution Tuesdays from 9:30am-11:30 am for car pickup. Located at 4700 228th St SW. Behind Terrace View Presbyterian Church. More details here.
- Edmonds School District has grab-and-go meals available for pickup and delivery if needed. More information here.
- Little Free Pantries
- God’s Grace Homeless Ministry – Free meal at the MLT Library every other Saturday at 5pm.
- Cedarwood International has pre-packed baskets of food at their drive through Pantry. Open Mondays from noon-2:30pm at Bethel Chapel,
23010 66th Ave W
- Restaurants offering takeout service here.
- MLT Takeout BINGO. Earn prizes for doing takeout.
- Homage Senior Services provides Meals on Wheels and other services to senior citizens and people with disabilities in Snohomish County.
Childcare & Parenting
- City of MLT is offering childcare for children currently in their program as well as any children of essential workers or vulnerable children who do not have alternative care. More info here.
- Edmonds School District childcare services are available for families of active district students whose parent/guardian work in healthcare or are first responders. ESD want to encourage those in need of childcare to reach out to other community partners. ESD has more details on their childcare resources webpage.
- PREPARES Parenting & Pregnancy Support – Prepares is a Catholic Community Services program that serves pregnant women to help with needed things like prenatal referrals, baby formula, diapers/wipes, formula, baby food or other needed items for babies or even parenting support. Leave your name, phone number, address where they can drop off and the diaper size. They will distribute as long as they have the supplies. (206) 487-2414 or online.
- St. Vincent de Paul provides emergency rental assistance, utility assistance and food. (425) 355-3525